Mryna

OAL Outfit Along

Hi hi !

A couple of months ago my sis decided it would be a good idea to join in the OAL outfit along with Andi Satterlund from Untangling Knots and Lauren from Lladybird. Oh my gosh, it totally was a good idea. I KNITTED A THING!

front_side cardi sitting

Kat also knitted a thing. Together we knitted the same thing. Win.

We used the same wool – Crucci Landscapes – but different colours – mine is the Forest and Kat’s is the Lava.

bridge

The outfit along consisted of a cardigan and a dress. I decided to go with the chosen Myrna by Andi Satterlund for the cardigan.

For the dress I chose the Alameda Dress by Pauline Alice. This is the pattern that I won from my Circley Tiramisu Dress in Indie Pattern Month “New To Me” challenge. Thanks again to everyone who voted for me, I absolutely LOVE this pattern.

The Myrna knitted up quite quickly considering this is my first knitting project. The other knitting projects I have done were scarfs when I was a kid that I never completed and.. I didn’t actually start them either, that was mummys job, you’re amazing mummy!

I found the pattern very straight forward to follow and the only thing that really confused me were the short rows – I think I did my left side 4 times and then realised I was following the instructions for the right side.. awkward.

back cardi

The keyhole in the centre back looks AWFUL until you touch it up and then it looks really good, I am so pleased with it!

keyhole cardi

Since my waist seems to be quite high – as in, I usually take everything up by about an inch to make it fit properly – the cardigan sits a little bit too low and wrinkles. Good to know for next time so I can try to take it up a little bit? HA that’s if I can figure out how to do that.

buttons cardi

The buttons I found in my stash and were cheap ones from Spotlight back in the day. My flatmates helped me choose them and I am happy with the result, well done flatties!

neckline cardi

Neckline detail – it looks pretty good I reckon!

sleeve cardi

Sleeve, which unfortunately does not sit properly at the underarm across to my boob – lame! Maybe I actually needed to put more stitches in here since I now have total guns from the gym. W00t gym, guns not so much.

flounce

EEEEE dress – look at the flounce at the bottom, beautiful! On a side note – not sure what face I’m pulling there.

front dress looking down

The Alameda Dress by Pauline Alice is lovely. It has piping down the princess seams, a flounce along the bottom, an invisible zip up the back and is fully lined.

pockets front dress

I haven’t made up a Pauline Alice pattern before and the instructions were lovely to follow!

I also used the pocket pieces from the skirt on view B (view B is a skirt with flounce and invisible zip and pockets and a crop top).

back dress looking down

Excuse the bra straps!

I used a quilting fabric that I got at Made on Marion about a month ago when I got 3 fillings at the dentist. Poor Maryanne, she had to talk to me when I couldn’t make my mouth move properly cause the numbing stuff. Bahahahah must’ve been quite hard to not laugh at me I reckon.

The lining I found in my stash – last piece, just enough! Awesome, cause I totally forgot to buy some for this.

back dress open zip

The piping I made myself by using the instructions from my Birdy Bluet post, which need a bit of touching up, so I might put it into a tutorial post of its own, easy to find for next time!

I used a dark chocolate-brown poplin from my sisters stash – thanks sis!

front bodice lining

So the dress is fully lined, as in the only ONLY seam that isn’t enclosed is the CB on the flounce since the flounce isn’t lined.

The pattern says to hand stitch the lining around the zip and around the bottom. Umm.. that is definitely not a thing that I do, not anymore anyway, I HATE HAND STITCHING!!

Right, so.. I used my zipper foot to attach lining to zip down to the bottom of the lining with a bit left unstitched so I could fold it under.

I then folded it under and top stitched it around the bottom – fully encased, no hand stitching, total win!

front lining dress
There is a bit of gaping around the armholes, but it’s because I was making this in winter, in my cold cold room and did not want to try it on during the process. Also, I don’t make muslins cause lazy.

I can deal with a bit of gaping since the rest of the dress looks damn good!

I took in the centre back seam by about 1cm on each side since it was a bit big and perfect! Love it! Favourite make so far!

pockets

eeeeeeeee pretty waterfall pic, enjoy!

waterfall

Advertisements