La Sylphide

La Sylphide blouse – with birds !

Papercut La Sylphide Blouse.

front side

I really like this pattern, it’s so lovely and girly with the necktie and peplum!

back side

I was originally making this for the monosewn month at TMS in July last year. It got cut out and then put on the “I’m not sure” pile. Mainly because I had cut out the necktie and sleeves with black and white polka dots cause I ran out of the black and white birds fabric.

I started making it up again in March this year and rage quit cause it was AWFUL with the black and white polka dots… way too much going on.

back

And thats when I changed it to plain black poplin. Also changed the sleeves to cap sleeves because I reckon it’s WAY too much with the gathered sleeves!! I used the sleeve pattern from the Deer and Doe Reglisse. I love cap sleeves!

Although I look really unimpressed about something in the below photo.. fascinating..

front ties

So I made the La Sylphide in red rayon last year for Indie Pattern Month and it turned out REALLY well.. even with the gathered sleeves 😛 But of course it’s uber short, so I’m gonna cut this up into a blouse version because I have only worn it once and that fabric DESERVES to be worn.

Perfect for work too 😀

front

Advertisements

La Sylphide Deranged

eeeeeee Papercut La Sylphide SO PRETTY !

I made this dress as part of the Indie Fan Girl competition on The Monthly Stitch.

Fake Street Dress Front 2

Indie Fan Girl is a competition where you have to make 2 garments from 1 Indie pattern designer to create an outfit.

I made this with the Bellatrix Blazer which is why I called it ‘Deranged’ – Deranged Bellatrix from Harry Potter?

Graffiti Front

Oh wow.. the more I look at this dress the more I like it, it’s so cute and pretty and gorgeous.

Woman Graffiti Dress Marilyn Monroe

This pattern was again, so easy to put together. The pictures make all the difference and didn’t take me long at all to put it together.

I made the size M as per my measurements and lengthened the hem by about 20cm (which I then cut off later on anyway).

Woman Graffiti Dress Back

The fabric is rayon which I found for $3 at Fabric-a-Brac in April. What a score! It was 3m by 90cm wide so was a bit of a mission cutting this beauty out of it.

I had to create a seam down the CB of the skirt pieces since it was so full it didn’t fit in the fabric..

I also left the neck piece until last when cutting out *sigh* and I ran out of fabric. My god I seem to be getting good at that!

Woman Graffiti Dress Ties

When I came to the part of sewing the neck tie, I then decided to do something about it and that was when the added length to the skirt came off to fix the problem.

Woman Graffiti Dress Ties Length

Since the skirt is quite full, the neck tie turned out a bit long. I like it though, long is good! It sits so nicely in this fabric as well.

Fake Street Dress Front Skirt

However, it made the dress a little short.. eep

Graffiti Looking Over Shoulder Windy

REALLY have to watch out for that wind now.

Fake Street Dress Neck Tie

I took the waist in by about a half inch on each side and I should probably take it in by another half inch each side again because it is still a little big around there, however I am hesitant because I don’t want to end up with weird lines under my bust which it already does by creases, this stuff creases so quick!

Graffiti Back MJ pose

Whole outfit, doing a cool pose! Aww yeah!

Tree Dress Buttons

The dress is fastened by buttons right up the CF. I used 10 in all and chose my own button placements cause that always seems easiest.

The buttons I got on special from Spotlight when I was working there about 5 years ago. I think they are brand Beuton (?).

Once the dress was constructed, I hung it overnight for the hem to settle since the skirt is quite round. They also mention this in the instructions which is awesome because I have never seen it before only heard about it from the WSBN.

Woman Graffiti Dress Front 2

Next day I hemmed it – the shortest part was the button placket (YUSS). So took off.. well only surprisingly small amounts to bring it to that length.

After that I decided to roll hem the bottom because, well.. that is the easiest type of hem IN THE WORLD and they look great and they are so fast.

HOWEVER, the fabric decided it did not want to be roll hemmed, ugh. So I just ended up folding it up 1cm and stitching it down, it’s not the prettiest but I didn’t want to loose any more length!

Fake Street Dress Back

Right, I think that’s all. Time for the deets!

Pattern: Papercut La Sylphide

Fabric: Rayon 3m x 90cm $3

Notions: Buttons x 10 from stash