eeeeeee Papercut La Sylphide SO PRETTY !
Indie Fan Girl is a competition where you have to make 2 garments from 1 Indie pattern designer to create an outfit.
I made this with the Bellatrix Blazer which is why I called it ‘Deranged’ – Deranged Bellatrix from Harry Potter?
Oh wow.. the more I look at this dress the more I like it, it’s so cute and pretty and gorgeous.
This pattern was again, so easy to put together. The pictures make all the difference and didn’t take me long at all to put it together.
I made the size M as per my measurements and lengthened the hem by about 20cm (which I then cut off later on anyway).
The fabric is rayon which I found for $3 at Fabric-a-Brac in April. What a score! It was 3m by 90cm wide so was a bit of a mission cutting this beauty out of it.
I had to create a seam down the CB of the skirt pieces since it was so full it didn’t fit in the fabric..
I also left the neck piece until last when cutting out *sigh* and I ran out of fabric. My god I seem to be getting good at that!
When I came to the part of sewing the neck tie, I then decided to do something about it and that was when the added length to the skirt came off to fix the problem.
Since the skirt is quite full, the neck tie turned out a bit long. I like it though, long is good! It sits so nicely in this fabric as well.
However, it made the dress a little short.. eep
REALLY have to watch out for that wind now.
I took the waist in by about a half inch on each side and I should probably take it in by another half inch each side again because it is still a little big around there, however I am hesitant because I don’t want to end up with weird lines under my bust which it already does by creases, this stuff creases so quick!
Whole outfit, doing a cool pose! Aww yeah!
The dress is fastened by buttons right up the CF. I used 10 in all and chose my own button placements cause that always seems easiest.
The buttons I got on special from Spotlight when I was working there about 5 years ago. I think they are brand Beuton (?).
Once the dress was constructed, I hung it overnight for the hem to settle since the skirt is quite round. They also mention this in the instructions which is awesome because I have never seen it before only heard about it from the WSBN.
Next day I hemmed it – the shortest part was the button placket (YUSS). So took off.. well only surprisingly small amounts to bring it to that length.
After that I decided to roll hem the bottom because, well.. that is the easiest type of hem IN THE WORLD and they look great and they are so fast.
HOWEVER, the fabric decided it did not want to be roll hemmed, ugh. So I just ended up folding it up 1cm and stitching it down, it’s not the prettiest but I didn’t want to loose any more length!
Right, I think that’s all. Time for the deets!
Pattern: Papercut La Sylphide
Fabric: Rayon 3m x 90cm $3
Notions: Buttons x 10 from stash